Sunday, March 16, 2008

Why I Should Have as Many Shoes as I Want

I love shoes. Seriously, I do. I love them. And my husband does not understand this at all. If I buy a new pair of shoes, he says, "How many pairs of shoes do you need?" This is not about need, though women truely need more shoes than men. Our wardrobes look pretty goofy without the proper shoes (brown loafers with dressy wide-leg pants look BAD - as do many other shoe/outfit combinations). But here is my ultimate argument for why I should be able to buy shoes whenever I take a shine to a pair: I never feel fat in shoes. I will never ask my husband, "Do these shoes make my butt look big?" I have shied away from shoes with things that wrap around my ankles due to some issues with my thick ankles, but all other shoes are good - no problems with colors that make me look dead, cuts that stick to my thighs, etc. And as an added bonus, high-heeled shoes make my legs look longer, stomach flatter, and legs more shapely. And so I love them. One of my new favorite brands is called "Naughty Monkey" - they make wonderfully fun shoes. Oh, and the same sentiment for purses and earrings, though I love each of those things less than shoes.

No comments: