Monday, March 17, 2008

Temptation, Thy Name is Cookie

If you have not figured it out yet, I am a sweets-eater. My father is a meat and cheese fool, and I discovered that my aunt Patsy is a fried foods maniac. We all have our weeknesses, it seems. Well, for me it is baked goods. Peanut butter ranks right up there as well, and so the ultimate temptation came staring straight at me last night. Right in the back of my Cottage Living magazine (where I pine for other people's houses) was a cake plate full of homemade peanut butter cookies. As if this were not bad enough to get my salivatory glands on overdrive, they were SANDWICHED together with filling made from peanut butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar. I almost needed a bib to protect my shirt from drool. AND the recipe was printed handily right next to the photo. OMG, thank goodness I was fresh out of cream cheese cuz I had all the rest of the ingredients and was this close to getting out my mixer and firing up the oven. Why are cookies a part of Cottage Living? I just want to drool over house plans, remodeling schemes and interior decorating. Pray that I do not buy cream cheese at the store this week.

No comments: