Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pants Schmants

I went shopping today for some new duds. It should be fun now that I am a smaller size, and I will say that it is much more pleasant than it was when I was bigger. However, I think that buying pants is a universal difficulty, no matter your size. I mean, I think it is still a pain in the butt, even for those folks who are a size 4.

All of the makers of pants are trying very hard to accommodate the wide variety of body shapes and sizes out there on the planet. If you go to the juniors department of Target, you will find jeans in one of about five styles ranging from what I call "Mom-butt" style where the waist is up high and the pockets and square on your butt, to low slung skinny jeans for those who are built like a praying mantis. And, though they are trying, it is rare to find a pants-maker who has come up with the perfect pants for my body. It takes so long to wade through all of the brands and styles and sizes and colors and patterns and..... UG! I get so frustrated! But, I managed to find a pair today. Of course, they need to be hemmed.

No comments: