Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Going Crazy!

Food is hard. Well, eating healthy foods is difficult anyway. I find it difficult. I get paralyzed when I am not near a salad bar, and also sometimes even at the salad bar because I don't want to eat salad. My mind knows that baked fish, grilled seafood or poultry, and vegetables are healthy foods. Fruits are generally healthy as well, though sometimes higher calorie than you expect (darn bananas!). The breakfast sandwich at Subway is pretty darn healthy, so I feel at ease with that. But there are so many other foods out there and they are so chock full of calories it isn't even funny! Do you know how many calories are in potato salad?! Lots.

So, today I went nuts and ate junk cuz that's what I was craving. Scary!! One of these days I hope to figure out how to figure out the balance of life in terms of eating healthy foods most of the time and not feeling crazy for including the occasional treat. I know, crazy....

No comments: