Saturday, August 28, 2010

Test Anxiety

Today I am in class and it is very stressful because it is all about preparing for a very big couple of tests I need to take in the near future. In this class we are taking little quizzes as we go.

My friends, I have had a eureka moment. I already know that I am a stress-induced overeater. I have discovered something even more specific in my diagnostic formulation of my affinity for junk food. I have test anxiety! And this is because I hate, hate, hate, HATE feeling like I don't know the answers and am then dumb. I cannot seem to find any other way (or have not looked hard enough for one) to soothe myself through those moments, and so make them tolerable by the consumption of delicious things. This morning in class I was glad to only have fresh cherries available. I bought chocolate for this afternoon. damn it.

No comments: