Monday, January 10, 2011

New Khakis

I think I have lamented about buying pants before. Khaki pants are a workplace staple, are they not? Let's just agree that they are. I have been without a pair for about 6 months. My last pair came from Target (the store to which I am addicted) and lasted several years. I wanted to just go and get another pair, but when I went to the store they have come out with six different fits of khaki pants!! Ug. So I had to try them all on. I tried this about three months ago and had no success. I then ordered some from Land's End (which does custom hemming for free - a great service) but those did not fit well either. I was beginning to believe I was going to have to buy a pair of pants and have them custom-tailored. Bleh. I know Stacy and Clinton (from What Not to Wear) always recommend tailoring, but it makes the pants just that much more expensive.

Anyway, I trekked to Target again yesterday (happy happy joy joy!) and decided to try out the khaki section again. Armed with five pairs in a couple of sizes, I struck paydirt with a pair that have the same feel as my original trusty khakis! Yay! I am wearing them today. I am even more pleased to report that the new pair is two sizes smaller than the old pair. So, even more motivation to stick to my healthy eating and exercise habits... stay fitting in new khakis!

No comments: