Saturday, January 29, 2011

And I Run, I Run So Far Away

I went and ran my 7-year-old to dance, then went to the grocery store this morning. As I was walking from the store out to the car I got an odd urge to go for a run. It was about 25 degrees outside, and a little breezy, but not horrid. So, I went home and unloaded the groceries, got on some running gear and headed out the door with my fingerless gloves on and my ears covered, iPod blaring. It felt so good to get outside and jog. Like my body was relieved to break into that pace. That lasted for about four blocks and then my body realized what it was doing and how long it had been since these maneuvers had been performed. To add to things, I had some obstacles of snow and ice to tackle. Then I turned a corner INTO the wind and found myself a mess of tears and snot (gross). I'll be washing those gloves today. I pushed on, though. I made it a mile and a half and now feel like I have been run over by a truck. My lungs were assaulted by the cold and have been coughing out complaints most of the day since. It's a victory, but an odd one, to say the least.

No comments: