Monday, January 3, 2011

Jillian Michaels

I got the Jillian Michaels workout DVD "30-day Shred" for Christmas. I started it today and it kicked my butt! It works on a 3-2-1 idea, with a short warm-up followed by three rotations of 3 minutes of toning, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute of abs. There are no rest periods and it was killer. Jillian is there telling you that you can't rest or else it won't work and reminds me constantly that my goal is "body changes", which is true. I also love that she does not modify a jumping jack, saying that she has 400 pound people who can do these, so... It starts with level one and goes up through level three. Level one was hard, so I can't imagine the challenge of level 3. I don't know if you are supposed to do it every day?? I am shooting for six days per week? Five? How about five?

This is a good goal, right? I need to just be ok with that.

No comments: