Saturday, July 31, 2010

Registered

I signed myself up for a 5K "run/walk" in LeClaire, Iowa. It's taking place on August 14th, so I have about two weeks to prepare. I am now officially freaking out about that a little bit. I mean, I shouldn't because I have been running and all, but I live in flatsville and what if it is hilly there? I need to check out the topograpghy. Anyone have a good elevation relief map? I keep reassuring myself that it is a run/WALK kind of thing and there will be plenty of people walking, but I don't want to walk! I'm looking forward to another tee-shirt with huge sleeves to add to my collection of stuff I never wear.

By the way, who the hell is this woman who voluntarily signs up for running events where her siblings are not guilting her into participation?! Whodathunkit?...

No comments: