Monday, February 4, 2008

Bikini season is approaching

My sister, Sahm, is going on a fabulous Mexico vacation (again, the envy factor hits me, but not as badly as for her workout drive and schedule) at the end of the month, and will go looking fabulous, no doubt with a tanning-bed earned starter tan to avoid frying while on the beach. Good plan. She is also going with her new bikini tucked into her bag. I tried on my bikini the other night. Ouch. I wore it proudly two summers ago, 10 pounds ago. I thought about taking a photo of myself in it to tuck into my purse and look at when I want to eat cookies (which is every day) or when I want to skip a workout. I had also thought that I could put it on if I was going to eat sinful foods. But after I tried it on I decided that cruel and unusual punishment are not motivating. Yikes, white flab is not cute in a bikini.

3 comments:

The Lada Family said...

I'm really hoping to drop some quick weight after this baby! I'm also thinking that I should nurse through the end of the summer. If I get skinny and keep nursing I might just have my favorite swim suit season yet :-)
Doubtful but that's my goal!

Em said...

I agree, tan fat is sooooo much better than white fat.

Mia said...

Yes, and the sad thing is that Lada will have a three month old and be smokin hot in her bikini WITH nursing boobs (and you already have good boobs -I call a "no fair" penalty on that play). But take photos, and I'll photoshop my head onto your bod and wistfully pretend I look that good in my bikini.