Monday, September 13, 2010

Running Partner

This morning I got my 13-year-old to get up and go running with me. She ran a mile and I am really proud of her. She is going to sign up for the 1-mile fun run on Band Day, so I think she'll keep running with me. It's good because it gives me that extra motivation to get up when staying in bed sounds so good. And it's good because I want to encourage my children to keep exercise as a part of their lives. I don't want them to have to work on picking up that habit in their 30s.

I really need to get some cold-weather running gear. What does that look like? I usually quit running when it gets colder - always sounds like a good excuse to quit. Not this year. I keep hearing my sister's voice... "You said that last year." when I said I would do better at next year's Ride Run. Long term goals are a good thing.

No comments: