Monday, April 27, 2009

Second Chances

I went to Zumba, as promised, and enjoyed it. It was still a little bit skittish, but better structured than the last time. Plus, there are sort of "free for all" stretches, where many people sort of plant their feet and bop around to the music. I used that opportunity to run in place or jump or do some really deep squats - feel the burn, and all of that cliche junk. But, I got a good workout. I would do it again.

As far as sweets, well, I foiled that one right off the bat because we have cookies from the cookie place in Mason City, so I ate a monster cookie for breakfast along with my banana. hey! There is oatmeal in that thing, plus I rationalized that a cookie has about the same calories as a meal, so... it's ok? I ate a sandwich and 100-calorie package of Lorna Doone's (cookies!) for lunch, but that's a reasonable amount, right? It's ok? And THEN my darn brother-in-law bought chocolates from some random soliciting person supporting some random club or cause or FFA thing, AND ran around at our mutual worksite offering them up to me (and it's rude to refuse). So, count in today's consumption: one chocolate teddy bear with peanut butter guts, and two chocolate apples with carmel filling. These were roughly the size of a Hershey's minature chocolate. I had a couple of baby carrots, a low-carb wrap with turkey, ham and roast beef with provoloe, and a dish of fresh pineapple for dinner. And I had no more food this evening.

So much for "no more sweets" but I will try again tomorrow. Or I will eat an oatmeal raisin cookie for breakfast and rationalize that it has oatmeal AND fruit, so is obviously a healthy choice. I am hopeless!!

No comments: