Thursday, April 23, 2009

Golf Season Opens

I golfed yesterday; my first outing of the season. I am so grateful to be golfing with women who have similar golfing styles - hit the ball, then hit another one if that one didn't go far enough, or just pick it up and chuck it out on the green if it is in the rough. I have yet to figure out why there are so many darn clubs, and I only use one of them with any sort of proficiency (my pitching wedge).

I need lessons. In theory, if I could golf with any sort of skill, I could golf with my spouse. And we could golf with other couples and it would be a fun thing we could do from now until we can't swing clubs any more. In theory...

Also, I golfed my usual 5 holes and had a cocktail, then went to the clubhouse for dinner, where I ate too much grease. Next week, I will tackle a change in eating habits.

1 comment:

GrammaJ said...

The something to do with your husband comment is why I'm trying to improve my game - however, not YOUR husband, of course :)