Monday, November 8, 2010

DJ Downer

As you all know, I went to the dinner/dance thing this past Saturday (check out my purple dress in the little slideshow of photos). I had a lot of fun, but if I am with my friends I could have a lot of fun in a dumpster behind a sea food restraunt. There are two formal dinner things in this town - Legacy Ball (which I attended this past Saturday) and Gala (the Catholic School's event that I have never attended in my three years of living here). Legacy Ball includes a dance and Gala does not. I love to dance! Yay for Legacy Ball!

Ok, but this year, and really every darn year, I am disappointed with the DJ at the dance. I am disappointed by DJs at almost every dance that I attend. Why do they play the same darn songs at every event? Are white people really that boring and unoriginal that they can only dance to a set playlist that has to include "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" and "Footloose?" Apprently, yes. I am really ok with some songs from the various eras of music being played at these things, because there are people from the various eras in attendance. But do they have to be the SAME songs from those eras??

Here are the songs I never want to hear at any more darn dances:

Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - Meatloaf
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
The Electric Slide, Cha-cha slide, Boot Scoot boogie, Cupid Shuffle, etc...
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Greese Medley
Old Time Rock and Roll

I'm sure you can add to the list....

No comments: