Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What the Hell?!

I pride myself on being a fairly intelligent person. After all, I went though graduate school, passed national licensure exams, and am continuing studies. I can carry on a converstaion with some fluidity and know the difference in spellings/useage for the various form of their/there/they're.

I know not to use drugs. They are fun in the short term and bad for you in the long run. They turn out like a country song - lose your job, lose your house, lose your kids and your spouse and your dog and your teeth. No thanks.

I do not gamble. It's fun for a little bit, but in the end I walk away with no money and nothing fun to show for it.

I drive a minivan. It is practical, it hauls a lot of things, it has a DVD player for the kids. It is paid for. I don't buy a new vehicle because I would have to finance that purchase and I hate paying lots of interest, and the van is in good working order.

See? Fairly rational, even practical. So WHY IN THE HELL did I bake cookies at 9 p.m. last night? I am a nut ball.

No comments: