Monday, May 24, 2010

Crime and Punishment

Did I ever fall of the wagon this time. Woooooooo. I have gained about 12 pounds in four months. Ouch. So, all of my clothing that I was proudly wearing is too small. I am so angry with myself! I know how this happened - quit exercising and ate whatever I wanted (which is mostly cookies).

My wardrobe is a shambles of stuff that I hung onto from heavier seasons past. As punishment for my crimes against myself I am refusing to buy any new clothing. I can just suffer through and wear this worn-out junk until I get my rear in gear and in shape again. Take that, lazy arss.

In other news, I believe I also found a flaw in my previous thinking and actions that supported my weight gain. After I had lost some weight, I hung on to all of my heavier-seasons clothing. It was easy to gain the weight because I had clothing I could wear. Heck I had not really bought well-fitting clothes (not that many, anyway) and a lot of my clothes were too big. This encourages weight gain because there was no discomfort in my clothes. It is only now, when I am wearing my biggest stuff and if I gain any more I have to buy bigger.... um, no. There's where I draw the line. See? I think if I had invested in a new wardrobe and gotten rid of the old stuff, perhaps that line could have been at five or seven pounds instead of 12. Sigh. Lesson learned, I suppose. Won't make that mistake again. It's just scary to get rid of those bigger sizes when my past pattern has been to lose weight and then gain it back. But, maybe getting rid of the clothes is an important step. That's my theory, anyway. I'll test it THIS time when I lose the weight AGAIN with those healthy habits that tend to serve me well.

In other news: I am going on a trip in about three weeks, so I would like to lose five pounds by then. That's doable. Let's see if I can get there, shall we? I do not want to go in my ratty clothing. I want to pitch those items in favor of a few cute new duds in which to cavort on vacation. It's a good goal.

No comments: