Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dancer

Oh! And I decided to take dance lessons this year. Not ballroom dance, either, but tap, jazz and ballet lessons. Having never danced before in my entire life, this has been quite a challenge. I was promised that we do not have to dance in the recital. But, as the kids are starting to learn their recital routines, I have the sneaky suspicion that our teacher is going to try to rope me into dancing on the stage. Aack!! The horror!! Can you imagine having to dance on stage and maybe wear some sort of dance costume in public?!! Lord, help me.

At any rate, I am dancing, and I enjoy it. I count it as exercise, because, well, it IS exercise. It uses a lot of muscle groups, so that's a good thing because it keeps my body guessing. We dance in front of huge mirrors, which helps you be able to watch your body positioning and form. It also helps me watch my fat rolls and arm dangle. GROSS! Sigh, maybe I should snap a picture and carry it with me when I want to eat junk. Maybe I could choreograph an interpretive dance that highlights my struggles between wanting a lean and healthy physique and wanting to indulge in sweets and grease and inactivity. ha ha ha ha ha!

No comments: