Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012

2012 is upon me. I back up to 150 or so (thanks, holiday cookies!), and pretty unhappy about that. I also am in the midst of another PMS round, so that's no good. I have been to the gym a few times this year and will go again to walk on the treadmill, at the very least. I ran a mile this past week, which was nice to know that I could still do it. I'm considering swimming again, but I still have the dilemma with my hair. Plus, I would need to buy an appropriate sPhowim suit, and shopping for one of those would SUCK!!!

I just wrote a big article for the newspaper about keeping, or even really CRAFTING New Year's resolutions effectively. I am the perfect example of "do what I say, not what I do." Phooey.

I really wanted to try to just enjoy 2012 no matter what I weigh. Some days are easier than others. And, I have to tell you, part of this I am blaming on my sister. Why not? It's easier than taking all the accountability myself, and we all know I am all about easy. She, Sahm, keeps losing weight. She, who was my partner in crime when it came to crabbing about exercise and being flabby... No more. She is a certifiable exercise junkie and has melted away to this tiny, model-looking woman. When I am with her, it is really hard to be happy with my self and not feel like my body looks like a nicely dressed turd.

I know the formula here, folks. Exercise...lots. Eat...sensibly. I hate that formula. And, I hate how my body feels and looks when I don't follow that formula. New Year, new attitude? Well, not so far....