Monday, August 10, 2009

New Horrid Photo

Wow, ok, so I keep excercising and liking Piliates. I also got a puppy (did I mention that?), and take him for little walks. My eating habits... well... there have been a lot of occasions. Like, lunch, for example. Lunch on a Monday has become an occasion. Mmm... banana bars.

Yes, well, we had a family reunion recently and it was a lot of fun. We rented a tandem bike, and if you have never had occasion to ride on one of those, I highly recommend it. I especially recommend riding on the back end because it is a trippy experience. But that is not the point of this posting. The point is that during the reunion many photos were taken, and one of them is of ME looking like a total schlump. Ick! It does not help that I crammed my arss into a kiddie power-wheels Jeep (Are you all singing, "Pow-pow-powerwheels, pow-pow-powerwheels.." and thinking back to your youth where you either owned one or wished you had?). The photo reminds me of the phrase from the movie "Tommy Boy"... "Fat guy in a little coat!"

I am printing that thing and posting it everywhere. I am considering working on learning the glycemic index eating habits. NOT a diet, mind you, but true regular eating habits where one's blood sugars remain stable.

It is not helping that I will be attending the "send off" party for my friend, Mrs. Iowa, as she travels off to the Mrs. America pageant. This party will be ripe with other pageant contestants and winners, and cameras. Oh, the humanity.

No comments: