Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Compliments = Cake

Hi folks! Miss me?

Well, I have been up to no good, so I did not blog about it to avoid shame and guilt. Or at least to avoid accountability. Anyway, I eat too many sweets, so that has not improved much. I have not been working out AT ALL, so that is pretty ineffective. Sigh.

Today I wore a skirt and top that I have not worn since Fall and got many compliments. I didn't get compliments merely on the outfit, but on the fact that I appeared (to these observers) thin. This puffed up my head like a pastry and prompted me to celebrate with chocolate cake at lunch. I shake my head at my own rationalization and denial. I mean, how does that make sense?? I look thin so I eat cake?? Huh? Doesn't eating cake in combination with no exercise lead to NOT looking thin? I believe it does. Or, at least, it has EVERY OTHER TIME I have tried that combination. You'd think I would call "BS" on myself in those instances. But, apparently, I don't.

By the way, the cake was fantastic...

No comments: