Monday, February 22, 2010

Staring at The Dancing Stars

I have one of those Visa cards that have a "points" program. These things accumulate with no real rhyme or reason. I get announcements on how to get double points, but it's like on a Tuesday if you are wearing red and you visit a certain website and order tofu. I don't know. I do not pay much attention to them, except to glance every now and then at how many points I have. I checked into the kinds of stuff you can get with your points and there is a pretty good range. I could save them up for the rest of my life and go on a fabulous vacation, or with a very few I can get gift cards to restraunts that do not exist in my town. Anyway, I was looking through the "merchandise" section and hey! they had the "Dancing With the Stars: Dance off the Pounds" video! So, I ordered that thing right away, and they shipped it to me.

I tried it last night. I hope I don't sound like a big old bragger if I say that usually I am a pretty good dancer. I have taken ballroom dance lessons and was told by an instructor that I am pretty good! So, this is not just self-appraisal. Anyway, this workout video was HARD! I got through the first section just fine, and it was interesting yet challenging. The music was rotten, but at least the workout was satisfying. The second section was really tough, and they did not give nearly enough instruction on how to do the steps safely (mechanics so you don't hurt your knees) or effectively (how to make your feet do them). I kept up for the most part. The third part lost me. I ended up standing there, staring at Dimitri doing some fancy box step crossing his feet over themselves repeatedly and jumping around. I tried it, but was thinking I would fall down. I did not give up, but I wanted to pull Dimitri right into my living room (cuz he's hot, and because I needed more instruction). Sigh. I'll keep at it and see how it goes.

Thus ends today's product review....

No comments: