Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Golf

It has been suggested that I take up golf. I own golf clubs. They were my grandma's, and so the "woods" are actually made of wood. I don't know why there are so many clubs. I know that the wood is for distance, like off the tee. Ok, and the putter is for, well.. putting. Duh. There is something called a wedge, and this is for lofting the ball up high without a lot of distance, I think. The rest of the irons are a mystery. What the hell is up with all of the numbers on those things and why do I need all of those clubs? Isn't there just one to hit my second through fourth or fifth shot that it takes to get even close to the green?

Anyway, in theory, I could golf. And amazingly enough I went out the to golf course the past two Wednesdays when they have "ladies night" with at least some intention of golfing. But I never did golf. I ended up drinking Mojitos with a friend at her house the first time, and eating at the clubhouse the second time with a different friend. But I will go again this week and perhaps even take a whack at actually playing golf. I'll let you know how that goes, and Lisalisa - you should come because I'm sure it will be quite funny. I don't need to yell "fore!" just "whiff."

2 comments:

R G Swans said...

Lisa Lisa will be there....and I promise not to laugh. I could tell you what all those numbers mean if you want but in the end it really doesn't matter.....It is just fun to get out of the house, ride around on the golf cart and drink.

Em said...

I really enjoyed driving the golf cart. I'll let all you crazy people do the actual "golfing." I did forget how to drive my car after getting out of the cart. My gas pedal on the car doesn't have to be pressed so hard to accelerate (hence the skid marks at the club parking lot). Oops.